Sunday, October 7, 2012

‘SU’ Heart Felt Event - Auckland

Hi Stampers

I was asked if I would demonstrate a product at Auckland's Heart Felt Event on the 15th September held by Stampin’ Up! Yay for me and I chose the Heat Tool. I had to have a play and create some samples to show other demonstrators what the heat tool could do. Wow, once you start looking and playing the ideas are endless and producing samples was easy – it was deciding when to stop that was the difficult part.

So I thought that you may want to take a look at the samples that I created and displayed, I will post over a couple of post so that you don’t get to bored in one sitting. There might not be anything new to you but it is a great reminder just how versatile the Heat tool is.

So starting with the candle – this was the first time I had tried this technique, had heard about it, seem samples on blogs but now was my turn to give it a go.

Yes it is very easy, stamp an image on a piece of tissue. I used Stazon, I coloured with ink and aqua brush, separated the tissue layers and cut round image, you can be a fussy as you want but I more projects i created the less fussy I became. Grab some baking paper (wax paper), long enough so tat it wraps completely round the candle, take your piece of stamped tissue and lay on candle, move into preferred position, place the baking paper round the candle and pinch close with your fingers making sure that the paper is tight against the candle, using your heat tool wave it over the area where the stamped imaged is all the time keeping the baking paper tight. You will see a change take place, the pressure from the baking paper should push the image into the melting wax of the candle, embedding the image and keeping the shape of the candle.

 creativeaddinktionheattool1  creativeaddinktionheattool2

These two candles were smaller approx 10cm in height. Whereas the candle below is much larger standing at 15cm. The smaller ones i used Stazon and then coloured and on the large one I coloured using markers direct to the stamp and in this case the stamp is Flowering Flourishes (126365)on page 121 of the Annual Catalogue. I added pearls (119247) to the candle and to the strip of Midnight Muse cardstock (127546), the ribbon is Gumball Green (126848)

creativeaddinktionheattool3

creativeaddinktionheattool4

Nice and easy, give it a go, I brought the smaller candles at the Warehouse and Spotlight and purchased the larger one on sale at Farmers so shop around for the best deal. These are a lovely little gift to give.

Thanks for stopping by

Cherie

No comments: