Thursday, October 11, 2012

Heart Felt Event-Heat Tool

Hi Stampers

Heat and stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds is an effective technique, always seems to get the wow factor.

I generally find that using Heat and Stick Powder is best on the larger projects but most definitely not limited to larger projects.

I started with stamping my image onto cardstock then cover the entire piece with VersaMark (102283), then cover with Heat and Stick Powder(100625)and heat set with the Heat tool so that it is sticky, you will see the change as it heats, then cover with Dazzling Diamonds(102023). Check out page 158 of the Annual Catalogue for both Dazzling Diamonds and Heat and Stick powder.

 creativeaddinktionheattool15

On this card I also curled the ribbon using the Heat Tool. I wrapped the ribbon round a piece of dowel (or a pencil) using Glue Dots (103683) on the ribbon to adhere it to the dowel. Then heated the ribbon with the Heat Tool turning the dowel so as the ribbon did not melt. The ribbon here is the Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon (126848)

 creativeaddinktionheattool16

I only ever use Glue Dots to adhere ribbon to cards. I find they work every time.

Thanks for stopping by

Cherie

1 comment:

Paper Lady said...

Cherie, I've loved looking at all your heat tool techniques for Heartfelt NZ. They're all wonderful and I'm in awe of everything you did! Thanks for reminding me what a versatile tool it is, I think I'd better get showcasing it more in classes! Hope you're all well! Karen